Non-Fungible Tokens or Digital Collectibles are the digital unique art pieces that can be collected in the digital domain. In order to be able to collect NFTs you have to get a bit into Blockchain and crypto: those technologies that assures the authenticity and scarcity of the tokens in a decentralized, non-custodial way.
Check the general steps to get into NFTs
– get a digital wallet that can hold NFTs (like Metamask, Maiar, Coinbase)
– depending on the NFT Marketplace, you connect the wallet to it (marketplaces like OpenSea, Mintable, Rarible)
– in the wallet you have to purchase digital coins (Ether mostly, but new platforms will accept other coins).
– once you purchased crypto coins you can start making offers on NFTs in the Marketplace. Ether coins may have to be converted to temporary tokens like WEther in order to be able to bid with no network gas costs.
– once the NFT is purchased you will pay in the actual coin (Ether) plus a possible gas fee – a blockchain intrinsic operating cost for transactions.
– the purchased NFT will be yours in your wallet and in your Marketplace profile.
– once yours you can relist or keep as long as you want – it’s value should be increasing over time – like any real art item you purchase at real auction house.
ABBILDUNG – Dodecagonica / NFT Music album / limited to 6 only / includes bonus item like cassette